Kale and cashew is such an easy and quick recipe to make. I prepare it on a Sunday and then use it up during the week. There are so many different ways to make pesto and this is a nice alternative. I add very little parmesan so it’s also good for the waistline too – no nasties in this recipe!
This will make enough to fill a standard jam jar.
Kale and Cashew Pesto
- 50g kale
- 45g cashew nuts
- Handful of pine nuts
- Small garlic clove
- 15g basil (take the leaves off the stalk, otherwise this can make it go brown)
- 60ml water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 75ml olive oil
- Handful of parsley
- Small amount of finely grated parmesan
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor except for the parmesan and whiz it until smooth.
- Season to taste and then add a small amount of parmesan (probably about a table spoon) and give it another blitz. I limit the amount of cheese I use to try and keep it as healthy as possible. But obviously you can add more if you like!
- Once it’s all blended transfer it to an air tight container and stick it in the fridge. It’s that easy!
I had mine with chicken and wholemeal penne pasta. I like to make up a batch of this so I can have it for lunch the next day. It’s also really tasty drizzled on a tomato, avocado and mozzarella salad. Make this up on a Sunday and then you can use it in a variety of ways during the week.
Pin this for later