Well, HELLO THERE. It’s been a while hasn’t it!
I’ve got a beautiful quick raw courgette salad recipe to share today. Full of punchy herbs and filling beans, this salad can be made in under 15 minutes. A perfect lunch for those in a rush.
Since I last posted, I thought I was half way through my pregnancy. But my little baby girl decided to arrive 5 weeks early. And then bam, 6 months have flown past and here we are. What an absolute whirlwind! But I’ve been itching to share lots of recipes since I’ve finally got back into preparing fresh food and got my mojo back in the kitchen.
As a new mum, or as any mum with one, two or three or more children, time is of the essence! In the newborn days especially, but still now, as Ella grows into a little person. In the haze of the first three months I would usually eat toast with various toppings for lunch, or if truth really be known, take a spoon to one of the cakes that had been brought over by a friend. This is 100% true – my personal best was devouring a coffee and walnut cake the neighbour made in 2 days. I literally ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner as it was a particularly difficult time and well, there just was no time!
I wish I’d got into the mindset earlier of trying to prep some food to eat during the week whilst my husband was at work, or found the brain power to think of speedy nutritious lunches I could make. Because you really do need to look after yourself, and sugar does not do that! It took a while but as Ella got into more of a routine I found time to make mama some food. I’m going to share my quick lunch recipes on here in the hope it gives other mums some inspiration to cook. Or anyone really – cooking is for everyone!
A friend kindly gave us a box of fresh vegetables from her allotment and when I saw the yellow courgettes I knew I had to make something delicious with them. I personally love this raw courgette salad topped with halloumi and find this more filling, but its also great without, making it a great option as a vegan salad. I love raw courgettes used in this way, they just taste so fresh and light. This is a great vegetarian salad recipe that I’ll definitely be making when I’ve got my veggie friends over.
This quick salad recipe is perfect for mums as its filling, nutritious and can happily be eaten cold. Win win!
Raw Courgette Salad With Beans And Halloumi Recipe
- 1/2 courgette, very thinly sliced (I use a peeler to slice like this)
- 200g mixed bean salad (all supermarkets sell variations of this)
- 15g fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 15g fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 3 slices halloumi
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper and sea salt (to taste)
- In a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients and season with salt and pepper. If I’m having it with halloumi I only use a little pinch of salt.
- Fry the halloumi slices in a pan at a medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side. I like mine with colour on each side but still a little squidgy.
- Spoon the salad onto a plate and top with the halloumi. It’s as easy as that!
Other speedy recipes:
Pin for later